Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know Sienna was released from hospital yesterday, after spending ten days in hospital. What caused the Pancreatitis is still a mystery, which is a bit of a worry, hopefully the condition does not resurface in the future. The good news is the liver inflammation has settled, and there is no longer any sign of a cyst, as previously thought.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers, which I firmly believe has been instrumental in Sienna's road to recovery!

Sienna has quickly turned her attentions to caring for children who have to spend Christmas in hospital. She is keen to put together shoebox size care packages for these children, bless her caring little heart!
I have been asked to crochet a few small teddy bears towards the care packages. Hoping somebody can help me to find a quick suitable little crochet pattern for a teddy bear? I was also thinking of perhaps making a few Mobius Fidget toys? What are your thoughts, what else could I make that would be suitable and quick?

Many thanks!

If at all possible I would strongly advise you to speak to someone at the hospital first. Maybe a social worker or charge nurse. From inside experience so many people donate in good faith items that just get ditched for one reason or another. Sounds harsh I know but that is what happens.
Great advice Christine. It would be such a pity to put a lot of work into things for the care packages just to have them rejected as unsuitable for whatever reason. Better to be sure than sorry.
So happy to hear that Sienna is doing so well. She has such a caring heart to want to make Christmas in hospital a happier experience for sick children. Jen.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
So glad to hear that Sienna is home!! Be sure to give her hugs from all of us. :)
I found this 6 to 8 inch teddy bear with written and video instructions. I haven't made it though.
Thank you so much. I think I'll have a try of this one for a bit of fun, and see how it goes.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
If at all possible I would strongly advise you to speak to someone at the hospital first. Maybe a social worker or charge nurse. From inside experience so many people donate in good faith items that just get ditched for one reason or another. Sounds harsh I know but that is what happens.
Thank you so much for that sensible piece of advice. You jogged my memory, my future daughter in law was a nurse at a children's hospital here in Auckland and I remember her saying how strict they are in keeping the germs at bay!! Have passed these concerns on to my daughter, who assures me she will be asking the question. It will be interesting to know the answer, in light of Covid etc.

A few ideas.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
A few ideas.
Many thanks for sharing all these lovely links!

A few ideas.
There is less sewing on some of these. The rainbow teddy is very cute! Thanks for the links. :)

So glad that your granddaughter is back home again, and things have resolved. Hopefully there will never be a repeat of that whole situation! So sweet of her to think of other children and want to do up some Christmas boxes for them. Looks like some of our clever fellow KPers that found you some cute patterns to use to help add to the boxes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom