Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made this vest many times, altered the size, used various yarns, jazzed it up with a rhinestone zipper, changed the armbands to Icord trim and in general it's always a winner! It's great for beginners, as it teaches how to make set in pockets, is an opportunity to learn how to pick up stitches and the zippered front it great. The pattern is written for boys size 14 but it is very easy to adjust.

http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/vest.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Such nice work on the zippered vest! I like the idea of changing ever so slightly. Makes for personalizing and yet so useful. I thank you so much for sharing. I got the pattern and hope to make one soon.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks for the post. I saved the link to make the vest for my grandson. (. . .Though I have now saved so many patterns, I could never do them all.) You and others have been a wealth of knowledge. But, after being here a couple of weeks, I now can't decide if this site is wonderful or if it will soon do me in. LOL
Sue
Gloucester, MA

·
Registered
650 Posts
Susan, Just slow down and pick one or two, don't think about doing everything. I kind of have the same problem, I want to do them all. I have even started something and then saw something here and was sorry I started the other. But I am a finisher so waited and finished my started one first.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kichi said:
Susan, Just slow down and pick one or two, don't think about doing everything. I kind of have the same problem, I want to do them all. I have even started something and then saw something here and was sorry I started the other. But I am a finisher so waited and finished my started one first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom