Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm referring to the right thing. It is the yarn that has just a few colors with long color runs that never repeat. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a company that makes a machine washable version of this type yarn?

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cherylthompson for your help, but the key issue here is the ability for being machine washable and colors in one skein. I see where I didn't mention the one skein. There was one you suggested that was spot on but it was hand wash. Thank you so much for looking.

· Registered
4,419 Posts

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you ladies for your help, I think I've got a source now.

· Registered
4,418 Posts
Knit Picks "Chroma" is 70% super wash wool, 30% nylon; machine wash, dry flat; comes in fingering and worsted weights; great prices; many beautiful color ways; knits/handles/wears like a dream. Only real negative - it does tend to pill with heavy wear, but easy to de-pill.

· Registered
1,040 Posts
I have had excellent results with using vinegar to set dyes in yarn. If the yarn is in a hank, perfect, if not make it into a hank making sure to tie in at least 3 spots. Using the small load setting and delicate cycle, fill your washer with cold water, add one cup of white vinegar. Put your yarn in a delicates bag, place it in the water vinegar mix and let it soak for a few minutes then let the machine cycle. I run it through plain water again to get out the vinegar smell. I have done this with hand spun and machine made with good results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom