Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many people are asking for directions for the afghans... I just followed a neighbors old afghan... I call this one the flower pot... it takes 4 rounds to complete the square and 5 squares by 5 squares to complete the block... It is 2 blocks wide by 3 blocks long.... not counting the inbetween blocks.... It takes 247 squares in total.... Then I work aroung the entire afgan for an edging....

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used different shades of the color... Light rose, medium rose and dark rose..... I did to rounds with the light, 1/2 round with the medium and 1/2 rounds with the dark....
or
I used a solid color for the first round and did the rest in 1/2 rounds....

Experiment with some scraps... You would be surprised what effects you can achieve.

Write again if you have problems [email protected]

Have fun with it...... Happy St. Patrick's Day..... Have a Good One. Pat

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You really need to know how to do a granny square... As I read some of the comments, you can go on you tube for instructions. When you know how to do a granny square, this will all make sense... Try you tube.... It's double crochets.... Good Luck. Happy St. Patrick's Day..... Have a Good One.... Pat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow...My daughter is moving into her first home next month. I had planned on making an afghan of some kind, byt really couldn't find what I wanted..This one would be perfect!! Do you have instructions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have posted the instruction.... If you look under pictures... If you cannot find them let me know which one you want & I'll send you what I have... I just followed a neighbor's old afghan.... flower pot? pinwheel? croched or log cabin knit.... Everyone is finding them on line... Happy St. Patrick's Day.... Have a Good One.....

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Very pretty. I would never had thought that could be done.

I am not much of a crocheter so the directions were confusing to me. Maybe someday I will play with your directions.

Lots of end weaving, Kudos to you.

Very Nice.

Nancy (SEA)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holy crapola !!! I would have sworn that was quilted! It's absolutely beautiful! This pattern looks like it is for seasoned crocheters and not newbies like myself. (I just bought my first crochet hook last weekend.) But i sure am enjoying admiring it,, well done Patricia.
Hugs,
Darleen M.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom