Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd share my recent and first experience with this company.
I've heard good things about the needles this company makes so I wanted to give them a try. The interchangeable sets are quite pricey, so I decided to buy a couple tips and cables to give them a trial run first. I ordered a couple pairs of their original Nickel needles from the 'seconds' category. They say they are still excellent quality needles, but with a few more machine marks than they like. They are still relatively pricey for seconds. For several reasons I was very unhappy with them and could only knit a few rows before I had to stop. I emailed the details to the company and they responded very quickly. Linda thinks that they had possibly not been plated which is why they were leaving black marks on the fingers of my left hand, as well as feeling very gritty when they rubbed against each other. Anyway, with apologies, she gave me a full refund including shipping for my trouble. I don't even have to send them back. I'll now have the extra cables to use later if I do go ahead and order a full set from their newer line of needles. With that kind of great customer service, it's looking like there will probably be a set of interchangeables under the Christmas tree for me this year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Linda is wonderful. I have used their woods, northern lights and heavy metals. I live them all for different reasons. The colors are fantastic and the needles are a dream to work with IMHO. I truly love them. I hope you give them another chance.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
I have a friend who has a set of these and she loves them. They are too pricey for me though.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,315 Posts
LindaH said:
I have a friend who has a set of these and she loves them. They are too pricey for me though.
I agree that the full set is very pricey. Getting a single pair of tips - in your most used size, of course - and a single very long cable isn't nearly as scary a cost, and will enable you to knit just about anything. I have learned to like, if not yet love, magic loop.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
I agree that the full set is very pricey. Getting a single pair of tips - in your most used size, of course - and a single very long cable isn't nearly as scary a cost, and will enable you to knit just about anything. I have learned to like, if not yet love, magic loop.
Yes, they are certainly pricey, which is why I was trying out a couple individual ones first. Even doing that, with shipping an exchange, it's still more economical to get the full set rather than a handful of your favourite sizes. Also, if I do order a full set, it will be for Christmas which makes the cost a little easier to justify. It also makes it easier for my husband when he doesn't have to try and come up with a gift idea.
:sm11:

·
Super Moderator
87,315 Posts
ncowie said:
Yes, they are certainly pricey, which is why I was trying out a couple individual ones first. Even doing that, with shipping an exchange, it's still more economical to get the full set rather than a handful of your favourite sizes. Also, if I do order a full set, it will be for Christmas which makes the cost a little easier to justify. It also makes it easier for my husband when he doesn't have to try and come up with a gift idea.
:sm11:
Unfortunately for me, we don't 'do' Christmas anymore; not since the kids - as teens - flat refused to help out with the set up and tear down of the tree and decorations; so I can't use that excuse. :sm17:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Unfortunately for me, we don't 'do' Christmas anymore; not since the kids - as teens - flat refused to help out with the set up and tear down of the tree and decorations; so I can't use that excuse. :sm17:
Awww, that's too bad. Maybe birthday or anniversary then?? ???? Or even the Vernal Equinox, Winter Solstice, St. Jean Baptiste Day, Halloween, National Mental Health Day, Elvis Presley's birthday.....
You see where I'm going with this, where there's a will, there's a way.....snort....

·
Super Moderator
87,315 Posts
ncowie said:
Awww, that's too bad. Maybe birthday or anniversary then?? ???? Or even the Vernal Equinox, Winter Solstice, St. Jean Baptiste Day, Halloween, National Mental Health Day, Elvis Presley's birthday.....
You see where I'm going with this, where there's a will, there's a way.....snort....
Yes, I see your destination. I'll just break down and buy the full set ... but not today. Need to finish WIPs! Maybe I'll get it after my number of WIPs is smaller than my number of digits? That gives me a goal/reward to attain!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Yes, I see your destination. I'll just break down and buy the full set ... but not today. Need to finish WIPs! Maybe I'll get it after my number of WIPs is smaller than my number of digits? That gives me a goal/reward to attain!
LOL! Sounds like a plan. I'm rootin' for ya!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom