Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us have gifted our knit or crocheted items at one point or another only to feel the recipient just didn’t appreciate the work we put into the item. They either said nothing, never showed a photo with the intended individual wearing or using the item etc. well this weekend at a baby shower I received the greatest compliment that really made those times disappear. I gifted a blanket, blue photo below. When she opened it she stated she had the white one I had made for her first baby in a shadow box. Her sister asked where she got that large a shadow box and she said she took very careful measurements and custom ordered it! I was blown away.
Brown Green Azure Rectangle Textile
Rectangle Textile Art Creative arts Font
Brown Green Azure Rectangle Textile

Rectangle Textile Art Creative arts Font

· Registered
10,786 Posts
That is a beautiful blanket and so deserving of that shadow box; stunning really; and so nice that the recipient of the new blanket wanted to do the same with your gift to her. It must feel terrific to know that your beautiful work did not go unappreciated 💗.

I don't usually hear about the fate of toys etc.... that I've gifted or donated. But there is one time that I had given a little crocheted doll in a cradle basket to a friend for her young grandaughter's birthday. Months later (after I had totally forgotten about having given it), my friend's husband said to me that he was so proud and impressed to be presenting this little hand-made doll in a cradle, to his granddaughter, amongst all the other "plastic shit" she was receiving. It really warmed my heart to hear this; and makes each and every gift of a hand-made crochet item worth it. 🌼

· Registered
4,182 Posts
I know most of us have gifted our knit or crocheted items at one point or another only to feel the recipient just didn’t appreciate the work we put into the item. They either said nothing, never showed a photo with the intended individual wearing or using the item etc. well this weekend at a baby shower I received the greatest compliment that really made those times disappear. I gifted a blanket, blue photo below. When she opened it she stated she had the white one I had made for her first baby in a shadow box. Her sister asked where she got that large a shadow box and she said she took very careful measurements and custom ordered it! I was blown away. View attachment 1269973 View attachment 1269972 View attachment 1269973
View attachment 1269972
Yes this kind of appreciation would certainly blank out any ungrateful ones

· Registered
665 Posts
A shadow display box is a very appropriate place for your beautiful knitting. I’m glad you found out just how much she appreciates your gift and your craft. That’s a wonderful, encouraging thing for any knitter to hear. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top Bottom