Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
I know most of us have gifted our knit or crocheted items at one point or another only to feel the recipient just didn’t appreciate the work we put into the item. They either said nothing, never showed a photo with the intended individual wearing or using the item etc. well this weekend at a baby shower I received the greatest compliment that really made those times disappear. I gifted a blanket, blue photo below. When she opened it she stated she had the white one I had made for her first baby in a shadow box. Her sister asked where she got that large a shadow box and she said she took very careful measurements and custom ordered it! I was blown away. View attachment 1269973 View attachment 1269972 View attachment 1269973
View attachment 1269972
Beautiful blankets and worthy of complements. I feel gratified when I see my g- kiddos playing outdoors wearing the hats I made them.

· Registered
6 Posts
When I was told my first grandchild was on her way, I started knitting and crocheting blankets, wash cloths, and hats with big flowers on them. I had placed all the items in a basket and gifted them to my daughter at her baby shower. Upon opening her gifts, my daughter showed the basket to everyone. After she showed everything, another one of her friends made the comment that she should be very proud of the fact that I made all of those items because not many people make stuff anymore. I couldn't tell if my daughter liked what I had made, but, later she told me she was very happy and impressed with all the items. Her mother-in-law also made the comment that she felt everyone would like her gifts better being that she bought all of the big items (high chair, carrier, stroller, etc) but here everyone was ooooing and aaaaaing at the items that weren't as expensive. Didn't tell her how much I spent on some of the yarn.

· Registered
10,122 Posts
I know most of us have gifted our knit or crocheted items at one point or another only to feel the recipient just didn’t appreciate the work we put into the item. They either said nothing, never showed a photo with the intended individual wearing or using the item etc. well this weekend at a baby shower I received the greatest compliment that really made those times disappear. I gifted a blanket, blue photo below. When she opened it she stated she had the white one I had made for her first baby in a shadow box. Her sister asked where she got that large a shadow box and she said she took very careful measurements and custom ordered it! I was blown away. View attachment 1269973 View attachment 1269972 View attachment 1269973
View attachment 1269972
I have an idea how you felt when learning about how much care and immense appreciation she had for her first one you knitted for her and most probably she will do the same with the blue one. How amazing!

· Registered
2,666 Posts
I’m curious though: did she use the blanket for the baby and then put it in the shadow box? Or immediately frame it? Much better than not using it and keeping in a drawer, and she probably had many others for everyday use.

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
89,149 Posts
I’m curious though: did she use the blanket for the baby and then put it in the shadow box? Or immediately frame it? Much better than not using it and keeping in a drawer, and she probably had many others for everyday use.
No friends, but many coworkers gave me blankets at the shower they gave me before I left on maternity leave. One required dry cleaning; it never got used.

· Registered
4,224 Posts
View attachment 1269972
Very Nice!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Top Bottom