Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a knitter by hobby which I have found that I love LOVE love to do! Also, I seem to be good at! I am trying desperately to make a turkey hat for a friend of mine who saw one and fell in love with it, however having problems understanding the following sequence: sl1, k1, psso twice, k12, k2tog twice, repeat. This is what confuses me:

slip one (got that), knit one (got that), pass slipped stitch over twice (huh?) the pattern asks for one slipped stich, if I take two back over it decreases the pattern. Is this what I am supposed to do??? I am so confused here it's really not funny. Thing is it's probably that simple and I am over thinking it. Anyway if you can help please do, as I am finishing up another project and want to start on this one right away.

·
Premium Member
12,956 Posts
The "sl1, k1, psso" is actually considered a single stitch (skp), not 3 stitches. It is a decrease. The "twice" refers to doing the three steps together (slip, knit, pass) a total of two times. The skp stitch is the mirror image of the k2tog stitch that you also do twice at the end of the repeated section. K2tog leans to the right while skp leans to the left.

skp (sl1, k1, psso):
(Note that the slipped stitch is to be slipped knitwise in making this decrease as it will then be passed over the knit stitch.)

k2tog:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What can I say but THANK YOU ever so much! Nice to be welcomed! Wow and holy wow the patterns and links!!! You are all so kind and gracious. Thank you again for the explanations and assistance! I am finishing a comet tail hat for a grab bag present. My family has a Christmas party reunion thing and the highlight has always been the grab bag event. Again, thank you for all your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom