Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I searched everywhere for the lace needed for this tree and found it is sold only in the UK and Australia. The lace is what we call galloon, the holes go down through the center and there is lace on each side. I found some white at Joann fabrics but none in colors. It is very popular in the UK. This tree takes 6.5 metres of lace that amounts to just over 7 yards and there is a smaller one on Art-of-the-Craft.co.uk that takes half that amount. I talked to some ladies in England and one is going to send me the lace. I am determined to make this tree. It also requires dark green knitting worsted yarn. The white lace is used to decorate baby clothes and on youtube I saw where it is used to cover clothes hangers. The name to look for on the interet is Knitting eyelet lace.

Carol J.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If you are interested go to page 3 and find the article marked Knitting lace and you will find out discussion on getting the lace and the links.

Carol J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom