Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hello All: I am an advid sock knitter, now into hats, mittens, sweaters, anything really to keep my needles busy. I also enjoy cooking and gardening, but reading takes up a lot of my time. As a "retired" person, I like ideas of all kinds on how to save money and be frugal. Looking forward to this Paradise.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
You will love this site, very friendly and helpful people.
I knit/crochet but not advanced, tho I do get by so far.... :roll:
You said you do socks, that's one of the things I have been thinking about for a while. I don't use circular needles and the dpn's are intimidating to me. Maybe one of these years.

Welcome from Va
Capva

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome.
Please don't be afraid to try socks. I love using two circular needles. Have tried the magic loop, but have not been comfortable with it. I use the two needles and don't get the ladders common in 4/5 needle socks, and they seem to work up much faster for me. I also love wooden needles, currently am using Knitpicks harmony needles. My hands don't get as cold as with metal needles. There are some great tutorials on sock knitting on the web.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Capva, When I first learned the dpns I was intiminated too. I found that if you knit 4 to 6 rows on straight needles and then divide into however many dpns you are using you can knit onto the first dpn, set down then same amt onto next dpn, set down and onto the rest same way. Then bring last dpn to meet first and begin as if you are straight knitting, go onto next dpn in same manner, etc. You will have to go back and sew up the first 4 to 6 rows. A couple times like that and the dpns are just plain easy. Also, when they meet be sure no twists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom