Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Connie and I live in NC! I love to knit and have been doing it for a year and a half but have already done cables and fair isle and a bunch of "intermediate" patterns so it makes me feel kind of accomplished and talented but at the same time, there's sometimes not much variations between that and a basic one and then sometimes i look at an intermediate pattern and get lost.
I look forward to being on this board because I only have one friend that knits as much as i do and i think she's getting tired of the random calls asking her how i would do something and also i need more friends with this talent that understand when I say things like "man these short rows are annoying!" instead of getting funny looks from my husband.
I mostly use knitting for gifts. I make things for my children (son is 4 daughter is 1) and large family (6 siblings, 4 parents, 10 aunts and uncles, 12 cousins, my family in law, and my immediate family) for birthdays and holidays so i am -always- working on something or planning something.
I have posted 2 patterns for free on ravelry lately so people can use them. Sense i am new, if people need me to post them somewhere else i am sure i can do that although they may be kind of confusing and need adjusting, which i am more then happy to receive any feedback about.
I can't think of anything else really. Love to talk, love to knit, love my family :)
I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for reading!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Welcome....from Rae in NC. I'm in Winston-Salem. Where do you live?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
WELCOME CONNIE TO THE FORUM. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE JUST ONE FREIND WHO KNOWS ABOUT KNITTING. NOBODY I KNOW HAS LEARNT TO KNIT THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED, WHICH IS A SHAME, THEY DON'T WHAT THEY ARE MISSING. THATS WHY I LOVE THIS SITE. I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I TELL PEOPLE :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Welcome Connie. I am Mary from Boone NC love this forum can get to meet such nice group. There so much to see and read that i get behind in knitting. There are some very talented knitters and and people that crochet and some do both. Happy knitting'

Mary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
hi noliebean,
i'm new also, i live in massachusetts, but my dad lives next door to you in wade! my mom was born and raised in wade til she met my dad and came up here, then they retired down there 25 yrs. ago. i have loads of family there, but noone knits!
where do you go for supplies? i couldn't find any yarn shops.
found one in a little town on the other side of falcon, then it moved into fayetteville behind an antique, but here inventory is limited. usually bring most of my stuff with me when i go down. shop mostly there at joannes'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
hi noliebean,
i'm new also, i live in massachusetts, but my dad lives next door to you in wade! my mom was born and raised in wade til she met my dad and came up here, then they retired down there 25 yrs. ago. i have loads of family there, but noone knits!
where do you go for supplies? i couldn't find any yarn shops.
found one in a little town on the other side of falcon, then it moved into fayetteville behind an antique, but here inventory is limited. usually bring most of my stuff with me when i go down. shop mostly there at joannes'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
If she is a knitter she does not mind questions. She probably thinks they are kinda fun (keeps her mind active while her hands are busy)

noliebean said:
My name is Connie and I live in NC! I love to knit and have been doing it for a year and a half but have already done cables and fair isle and a bunch of "intermediate" patterns so it makes me feel kind of accomplished and talented but at the same time, there's sometimes not much variations between that and a basic one and then sometimes i look at an intermediate pattern and get lost.
I look forward to being on this board because I only have one friend that knits as much as i do and i think she's getting tired of the random calls asking her how i would do something and also i need more friends with this talent that understand when I say things like "man these short rows are annoying!" instead of getting funny looks from my husband.
I mostly use knitting for gifts. I make things for my children (son is 4 daughter is 1) and large family (6 siblings, 4 parents, 10 aunts and uncles, 12 cousins, my family in law, and my immediate family) for birthdays and holidays so i am -always- working on something or planning something.
I have posted 2 patterns for free on ravelry lately so people can use them. Sense i am new, if people need me to post them somewhere else i am sure i can do that although they may be kind of confusing and need adjusting, which i am more then happy to receive any feedback about.
I can't think of anything else really. Love to talk, love to knit, love my family :)
I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for reading!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I am new to the forum also and I am from Spivey's Corner, NC...The Hollerin' Capital of the World!! So excited to know I have "neighbors" basicly (Dunn) that love to knit. I also give almost all of the things I make away for gifts. I think people really appreciate the time that goes into making a special gift...at least I hope so, brings me joy any way.My sister (Molly Mabel on Ravelry) is the only person I know that enjoys knitting as much as I do but she is not as much of a "yarn junkie" as me...beads for jewelry making but not yarn. I probably have more unfinished projects that anyone on this website. I just get so excited when I get new yarn that I have to start a project while in the car if someone else is driving.lol Great to meet you all and am enjoying the posts and beautiful work created by my fellow knitters/crocheters.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there is one little shop in Fayetteville but mostly if i need yarn i get it off knit picks or i buy a kit offline. I don't need much though as i have inherited a very large stash and have learned to substitute it a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dang! you do live close! I have never been out that direction. If you look on Ravelry.com you can search out yarn shops that are close. there's some in the raleigh area but it's a hike. Anyone attempted to spin or dye yarn?

dboggs said:
I am new to the forum also and I am from Spivey's Corner, NC...The Hollerin' Capital of the World!! So excited to know I have "neighbors" basicly (Dunn) that love to knit. I also give almost all of the things I make away for gifts. I think people really appreciate the time that goes into making a special gift...at least I hope so, brings me joy any way.My sister (Molly Mabel on Ravelry) is the only person I know that enjoys knitting as much as I do but she is not as much of a "yarn junkie" as me...beads for jewelry making but not yarn. I probably have more unfinished projects that anyone on this website. I just get so excited when I get new yarn that I have to start a project while in the car if someone else is driving.lol Great to meet you all and am enjoying the posts and beautiful work created by my fellow knitters/crocheters.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I have shopped at A Row of Purls in Fayetteville (used to be at Stedman and gone to their knit night). They are very nice and so helpful. Inventory doesnt change that often but she normally posts on ravelry when new products come in and has many special events like trunk shows for new yarn or times to exhibit your FO. If you join their group on ravelry you'll get the "yarn" updates.I have to go to UNC way too often for doctor's visits and love a knit shop in Chapel Hill called Great Yarns. They have a sister store near the RBC in Raleigh called Yarns, Etc. I really love those stores alot.A unique shop in Cary as well...I havent tried spinning or dyeing yarn yet but have actually been "investigating" spinning lately and would love to try spinning with just a simple drop spindle I think it's called.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes! Drop Spindle! I am getting one for my birthday! knit picks has the whole kit for like 20 bucks and i am sooo excited! I recently dyed some fisherman's wool with Kool-aid in my crock pot and it came out so cute!! here's some pics!

dboggs said:
I have shopped at A Row of Purls in Fayetteville (used to be at Stedman and gone to their knit night). They are very nice and so helpful. Inventory doesnt change that often but she normally posts on ravelry when new products come in and has many special events like trunk shows for new yarn or times to exhibit your FO. If you join their group on ravelry you'll get the "yarn" updates.I have to go to UNC way too often for doctor's visits and love a knit shop in Chapel Hill called Great Yarns. They have a sister store near the RBC in Raleigh called Yarns, Etc. I really love those stores alot.A unique shop in Cary as well...I havent tried spinning or dyeing yarn yet but have actually been "investigating" spinning lately and would love to try spinning with just a simple drop spindle I think it's called.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
i am so impressed! I have never tried anything like that..looks great.does the dye stay during wash etc? im jealous you're getting a drop spindle! jk i want to find someone with some sheep so i can get something to use a spindle for..ideas?do you work outside the home or are you a stay at home mom? I have ms and spend much time on bedrest due to pain and fatigue but i would love to maybe go to lunch sometime since we r so close and talk "knitting" and of course brag on our "babies"! My babies r Jordan 19, Alex 15 on April 1, and Sierra 13.not really babies but i still refer to them as such!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Birthday is April 1st too!
yes, it is color-fast with washing as long as you use more then 60% wool. I am a stay at home mommy and my children are 4 and 1 :)
I would love to get together and do a bit of lunch/knitting! let me see when i am free, and i will get back to you

dboggs said:
i am so impressed! I have never tried anything like that..looks great.does the dye stay during wash etc? im jealous you're getting a drop spindle! jk i want to find someone with some sheep so i can get something to use a spindle for..ideas?do you work outside the home or are you a stay at home mom? I have ms and spend much time on bedrest due to pain and fatigue but i would love to maybe go to lunch sometime since we r so close and talk "knitting" and of course brag on our "babies"! My babies r Jordan 19, Alex 15 on April 1, and Sierra 13.not really babies but i still refer to them as such!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom