Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Most of my knitting is charity knitting. I do try to knit a few scarves and socks for family every year though. I knit woolen sweaters for 'cold kids', these have been shipped as far as Russia or as close as US Indian Reservations. We also have a prayer shawl group at our church. I have purged my stash pretty well, so now looking for some projects that take less than 200 yards of pretty yarn.
Yes, it is hard to find wool in SC.

Welcome to the forum from Rae in NC : )

So you won't be far from me :)

We have two "dedicated" yarn shops, one in North Myrtle Beach (Knitting Up a Storm) and one in Myrtle Beach, the Carolina Forest area (Knit'nPurl). I think the prices are way high in the NMB shop! and I like the atmosphere of the other shop.

There is also a wonderful shop in Southport, NC called Angelwings. It's kind of "on the way" to Wilmington, with only a couple of turns off Hwy 17. Well worth the drive :) altho their prices are on the high end as well. But they carry some wonderful yarns and an extensive collection of patterns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom