Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting since I was 5 and am now 75 so you would think that I would know every abbreviation there is but I ran into a new one last week. It was ssk. I jumped on the computer to see if I could find out what it was. Finally found a site but info only said, "slip,slip,knit. Still didn't make sense to me so I decided to wing it and used sl2,psso. It worked for the pattern I was using . Does anyone else know what ssk really stands for?

·
Premium Member
12,965 Posts
To do a ssk you slip the first stitch knitwise, slip the second stitch knitwise, and then insert your left-hand needle into the front of those two stitches and knit them together. (Or, if you prefer, after slipping each of the first two stitches one at a time knitwise, transfer those 2 stitches back to the left-hand needle without changing the stitch orientation and then k2tog through the back loop.) Here is a good video to show you how it's done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot for that info. Even though I finished the project, I'll check in with utube just in case I run into it again. Perhaps I did it wrong but it worked out quite nicely. S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom