Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Nancy. I just started knitting again after 20 years or so. I started because I purchased a felted knit hat and decided I could do it myself should I want another one. I did that and then started using up skeins of yarn I'd had for years. Made hats for all the kids in the neighborhood before Christmas. Now I'm hooked on socks. I love the colors and love wild socks. I'm a sewer at heart and make totes and purses, but knitting can be done anywhere.

I'll put a pair of socks on here that I just finished.

Nancy

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Nancy. Welcome, I am very new as well but have already made three friends :) Good job on the socks, I am making my first pair out of boring grey for the "man" in my life.
Did u make the hat too? GOod job. I have felted a bag and the gal I gave it to, Loves IT.
Nice to meet you Nancy

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from Rae in NC....someday I hope to learn how to do socks....it's on my "bucket list" : )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I made the hat. And the flower is felted wool, attached to a handmade doiley. I mainly sew pocketbooks, but I have made some felted flowers, and done a few craft fairs with the pocketbooks, and silk scarves that I hand paint.

·
Registered
650 Posts
soozyb, Where did you find my dog? I have a female that looks just like yours! Please tell me about your baby. Mine is just a little over a year and her name is Hershey Kisses, we call her Hershey-girl. She is on the chunky side and weighs in at three and a quarter pounds. Do you knit for your baby? I make MANY items for mine.....I have 17 (5 are pups). Have a splendid evening.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good Job. They look like the first pair of socks I knitted. Not my favorite thing to knit. I'm caught up in knitting Baby things because they are in such demand in my family. A baby boom here. Vermont caught my eye as I have family there and I make a trip every year to Chester, Vermont. Love it! I'm in MI and wish I was in Vermont.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi from another Vermonter and welcome,
There are close to a dozen of us Vermonters so far on this list and I am sure more to come.
I like your socks. Nice job.
Mary

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom