Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to knitting. I've known how to knit & purl for years (probably 30) but have never known how to do anything with that. Finally started making scarves using just a knitting stitch. Now my pregnant daughter is asking for leg-warmers for her baby. I have a pattern that uses circular needles and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it. All of the videos I've watched shows bunches of stitches cast on and I understand it but the pattern I'm using asks for casting on 28. That's so small! How do I manage to make that into a circle? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Judy

·
Premium Member
12,965 Posts
I suspect that a legwarmer for a baby is too small to make on a circular needle unless you are doing the magic loop techinque. (YouTube has several good videos demonstrating magic loop if you are interested in learning.) If you are not going to use magic loop then you may need to use double point needles for this particular project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much. I've tried several times and just about torn my hair out doing it. LOL... I'm trying it with dpn now. Hopefully I can figure it out. The pattern says to CO 28 in color A and join in the round. I am very new to knitting and it's all confusing to me. Thanks for the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom