Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some hand blown glass baubles to gift. About the size of terry's chocolate orange.
I would like to knit Grinches to cover them.
I have a load of Caron Simply Soft green.
Can anyone point me to a pattern please? and thank you.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MMWRay said:
A knit cover will not prevent fracture of a glass gift. I would pack protected in a gift box.
It will be going into a gift basket with lots of other things, the grinch cover is for a gag and giggle not for packing away.
Thank you anyway.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I like the idea, but my concern would be that if it looks like a chocolate orange would the recipient but as careful as they would need to be with something so fragile? It would be such a shame if it were to get broken, let alone the thought of broken glass in your hamper.

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
I found a pattern to knit a ball, did it in Grinch green, (of course I stuffed mine, but you could just stop at the point it covers a the ball. I used fabric paint to paint eyes on, and black markers for nose and mouth. You can also knit a hat to fit the ball.
Not very well explained I fear, but that is what I did. I used it on top of a jar filled with green ornaments and green lights.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bevvyreay said:
I like the idea, but my concern would be that if it looks like a chocolate orange would the recipient but as careful as they would need to be with something so fragile? It would be such a shame if it were to get broken, let alone the thought of broken glass in your hamper.
I am knitting a row of eyelets at the bottom, threading ribbon through to cinch it up but not too tight so the the bauble will show.
Found an elf hat pattern for the chocolate orange so knitting it up in Grinch green and doing a modified embroidered grinchy face in black.
Will post pictures when done.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
CALLI said:
I am knitting a row of eyelets at the bottom, threading ribbon through to cinch it up but not too tight so the the bauble will show.
Found an elf hat pattern for the chocolate orange so knitting it up in Grinch green and doing a modified embroidered grinchy face in black.
Will post pictures when done.
For every problem there's a solution ????????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom