Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
evelyn121 said:
I was wondering how to make a grocery bag out of other bags.
(((((((((( Knitted or crocheted?

Donna Rae ))))))))))

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
There used to be a great pattern out there (years ago) on how to use grocery bags to crochet a great door mat/boot mat. My mother made several for my dad to use in his garage/workshop and to leave his boots on.

Sadly, I live in the end unit of a condo...and every time one of my dog owning neighbors starts to walk away after their dog leaves a "deposit" on the commons area...I lean out my patio door with a plastic bag *sigh*

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Oh no, I don't pick up after their dogs...I HAND the owner a bag...I do it with a smile and say "here you go, I have plenty!". The longer I live here...the fewer people bring their dogs around this end of the building.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How to make grocery bags out of other bags? Hmmm That sounds interesting....a site called craftstylish has instructions for things like that. I made some tote bags using hat patterns that are crocheted in a circle. I sold a few but two were to colorful I guess so I use them when I go grocery shopping. Picture attached. I keep them in the car along with some bags I purchased for $1 here and there. They hold a lot....made with rug yarn given to me by a neighbor, hence the colors. The design is mine (drop stitches)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahh... plarn. I've started making that, too. If you do a search for 'plarn,' you'll find several sites, some that include videos. The best way I can explain it is this: flatten your bags, then fold them over lengthwise. Cut off the handles and the bottom of the bag (assuming it's glued at the bottom), then cut the rest of the bag into strips by cutting across. I usually cut them about 3/4"-1" wide. Connect each loop by using the square-knot technique and ball it up however you like. I'm getting ready to make some more myself; I've also started collecting bread bags (including bagel bags, english muffin bags, etc) to use those, as well.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom