Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We havent seen our grandaughter for 2 weeks, when we visited to see their new home. They moved house at the beginning of August and due to BT mixup have had no Internet, we usually get photos most days and see her on Skype. She is a proper little live wire and never seems to tire out. Last night we saw her on Skype and she looks right at the screen and when you talk to her she laughs and squeals and you get a lot of gobbly ****. Last night we went through the same ritual and suddenly we got Dad dad dad. My son said she's been doing it for the last couple of days, he hadn't realised Jules had been teaching her. Where has the last 6 months gone. The way she is moving around it won't be long before she is crawling.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
S
christine 47 said:
We havent seen our grandaughter for 2 weeks, when we visited to see their new home. They moved house at the beginning of August and due to BT mixup have had no Internet, we usually get photos most days and see her on Skype. She is a proper little live wire and never seems to tire out. Last night we saw her on Skype and she looks right at the screen and when you talk to her she laughs and squeals and you get a lot of gobbly ****. Last night we went through the same ritual and suddenly we got Dad dad dad. My son said she's been doing it for the last couple of days, he hadn't realised Jules had been teaching her. Where has the last 6 months gone. The way she is moving around it won't be long before she is crawling.
She's a lovely baby. Our granddaughter is 7 months and crawling at great speed! I see her every few days and even then I check out facebook in case there are any photos. It's lovely being a grandparent because you have time to appreciate every little thing they do.

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
Yes... I think there is something wrong with Time itself, it had gone bad, broken or something... perhaps it's guarantee had expired. And now it is ticking fast, so fast... When I was 5 i remember very well how long it was until it happened, until I was 5, how much time and things had passed... And now it seems like it was only yesterday we came home with the new born baby, now 5 year old - my son that is, how can it be? Unless, of course, I am right and Time has broken and started to go faster.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Those grandchildren do seem to grow up way faster than we'd like! My oldest started kindergarten this year and the tears!!! Mine...not his! I still cannot believe he's 5! I can so clearly remember his first cry! I'm so grateful to have the boys nearby, and see them often. In fact, my grandson is at my school, so I get a little peek each day as he walks down to his classroom. I have been told quite clearly, by him, that I'm not to come to his class, that I have my own!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom