Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really enjoyed playing around with this latest pattern of Pat's. I've knitted one for an older child. 27yrs old. She wanted one of my special fluffy cats on a blanket, so of course I obliged. Normally I would make these blankets in cotton, like my little one there. They are completely chewable, unlike a fluffy yarn. In the pack you will find a Cat, Koala, Polar Bear, and a little Doll. Check out the pattern here under Gypsycream:

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-418063-1.html

This is just the beginning of my assortment. I've got another order of something VERY different coming from the same pack. I hope you enjoy these two Cats for starters.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lafranciskar said:
Awe Chris, I love your kitty blankies. They are both really sweet. This really is a fun knit isn't it. Isn't it wonderful to have so many different options in one pattern. Pat dude gives us a lot with her patterns.
Thank you so much Karen. This is the first time my Kittens have actually looked like kittens. Lol. And you are the best kittie knitter I know, apart from Pat of course. Lol. I'm still not sure which is my favourite out of all these critters. Have you a favourite, or are you like me and change your mind continually. Yes This Gypsycream pattern is full of different varieties and with 4 blankets, a huge choice of Comforts and has been a great knitto play with. Don't you agree?

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blackat99 said:
Ahh, Chris, I love your Kitty Midi Cuddle blankies! The kitties look real!

I love the frill on the one blankie! What yarn did you use for the fluffy kitty?

Well done, Chris! :sm11: :sm11:
Hiya Letitia. Thank you for liking my kittens. Pat has done us proud again hadn't she. The yarn i used for my fluffy Cat is ICE faux fur. It's really soft and one of my favourites to knit with. I love the frilly circular blanket and get carried away knitting them. I must remember it's only fair to do the others too. A circular frilly blanket isn't suitable for a boy critter. The secret is to knit the Huggable and then match the blankets to the personalities. I can knit those with my eyes closed now but there was a time I was afraid of trying to knit a circular blankie. That's just one more think Pat encouraged me through. Thank you so much for your lovely words. Xxx

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
chris kelly said:
Thank you so much Karen. This is the first time my Kittens have actually looked like kittens. Lol. And you are the best kittie knitter I know, apart from Pat of course. Lol. I'm still not sure which is my favourite out of all these critters. Have you a favourite, or are you like me and change your mind continually. Yes This Gypsycream pattern is full of different varieties and with 4 blankets, a huge choice of Comforts and has been a great knitto play with. Don't you agree?
I love all of these but must say I am partial to the cat but all these characters are super cute. It has been fun playing with these. You can't get bored as there are to many options to play with.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
chris kelly said:
Hiya Letitia. Thank you for liking my kittens. Pat has done us proud again hadn't she. The yarn i used for my fluffy Cat is ICE faux fur. It's really soft and one of my favourites to knit with. I love the frilly circular blanket and get carried away knitting them. I must remember it's only fair to do the others too. A circular frilly blanket isn't suitable for a boy critter. The secret is to knit the Huggable and then match the blankets to the personalities. I can knit those with my eyes closed now but there was a time I was afraid of trying to knit a circular blankie. That's just one more think Pat encouraged me through. Thank you so much for your lovely words. Xxx
Thank you, Chris! I agree that these patterns look the best and am looking forward to giving them a try!

You and Karen create such sweet kitties!
:sm11:

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
Aww they are delightful Chris! Love the fluffy one, I've not done one in fluffy yarn yet but your's is really great. But I do like the plain cotton one the best and this one is super sweet :sm02: Well done!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lafranciskar said:
I love all of these but must say I am partial to the cat but all these characters are super cute. It has been fun playing with these. You can't get bored as there are to many options to play with.
Someone said to me the other day that she wouldn't know which blanket she'd like with which head. It took her ages to decide and then she changed her mind. I've knitted it up fast so she can't change her mind now. Lol.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blackat99 said:
Thank you, Chris! I agree that these patterns look the best and am looking forward to giving them a try!

You and Karen create such sweet kitties!
:sm11:
I'm looking forward to seeing yours Letitia. You make such sweet Huggables and your Poppets are gorgeous. I reckon the doll will be your first Midi Blanket. ????

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gypsycream said:
Aww they are delightful Chris! Love the fluffy one, I've not done one in fluffy yarn yet but your's is really great. But I do like the plain cotton one the best and this one is super sweet :sm02: Well done!
Thank you Pat. And also thank you for this pattern. Karen said it in a nutshell really.... There are so many options available that it is like a dozen items for the price of one. I knew you would prefer the cotton kitties because you always have and to be honest with you, you designed this pattern for little ones who chew toys really. But you know me....i have to play at being different all the time. Now you know why I always got into trouble at school. Hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom