Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am also looking for hairpin lace patterns for shawls. My mom would make for whist parties as gifts and church socials. I rec'd a book from mom-in-law by readers digest "Complete Guide to needlework. GREAT Book. It shows the loom and how to start crocheting, It s hows you different ways to attach loop to gether. Good luck, I'm still practicing and I find having extra stitch holders and/or markers so you have control on changing the crochet stich. Rose in pembroke,ma

·
Registered
157 Posts
thanks for info- i will be starting my shawl and i am also trying without u pin loom. when done, i'll send pics, only if they come out well. I have organization and memory problems related to my MS condition. I usually mess up toward the end of project. I've taken a sweater apart 4 times, I like to alternate methods so frustation doesn't over-power me. LOVE, LOVE, this online forum. Thanks rose pembroke,ma

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Good luck with your shawl project. I admire your stick to it attitude.

I do want to say I made a dishcloth using brooksick lace with no loom, and I'm glad a tried it on something small. It was slow going and akward. I'm not sure I could make a larger project using these stitches. I'm a long time crocheter and doing this stitch was to slow for me. I did like the look when it was done, but think I may need a lot more practice.
And I don't have the patience fot it.

KatM

·
Registered
157 Posts
thank you miami, this is great. I followed thru website suggestion and it's the best . I am going to attempt the same but white and lame' gold, also black with silver lame'. Have to go, sooooo excited to start.Sun is out, bugs flying, birds chirping, gosh 67*. Well, long winter, guess i'll hold off till i take a walk. Again, thank you everyone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you finished your shawl?
roseanne said:
thank you miami, this is great. I followed thru website suggestion and it's the best . I am going to attempt the same but white and lame' gold, also black with silver lame'. Have to go, sooooo excited to start.Sun is out, bugs flying, birds chirping, gosh 67*. Well, long winter, guess i'll hold off till i take a walk. Again, thank you everyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks miami for asking. I have 2 panels done. My problem is too many crafts. If I'm not knitting/crocheting, I still have poly clay and beading. By the way, I have requests for shawl and that was with one panel done. Thanks again. rose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom