Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to take a hand knit pattern and turn it into a machine knit pattern for the Ultimate Sweater Machine ? I would love to try to make this... Any help will be greatly appreciated...also I could e-mail the instructions that they have for this ...Thanks... Also this one...Thanks...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,399 Posts
Although I have used hand knit patterns on my Bond I have not made anything with this much detail. I do a lot of cables and the like but I would think that some patterns are just better hand knit. I think using the Bond would take the same amount of time to switch up the stitches.. Oh course I could be way out of my league on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Something similar could be done on a Bond, but it will take an extreme amt of hand tooling.

Just find a pattern for a MK boat neck sweater. Elongate it to tunic length. CO and knit; latch up the ribbing. Begin your cable pattern. Switch back to ribbing when you get close to the neck edge. Bind off. Do the front and back the same way.

CO and knit sleeves with either seed stitch or garter stich. Switch to cable pattern. Knit sleeve to length desired and bind off.

It looks like it was knitted at a very loose tension, try KP 4 with a sport weight yarn. Always make a swatch first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,256 Posts
The Bond is not suitable for every type of knit project. It would probably take longer to make a sweater like this on the Bond than to hand knit it, because each non-stockinette stitch would have to be hand done, using the transfer tools.

Even the ribbing - each purl stitch has to be pulled out and relatched. It also looks like there are yarn overs & knit-togethers. While it can be done, it's probably not worth the effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ksojerio said:
Something similar could be done on a Bond, but it will take an extreme amt of hand tooling.

Just find a pattern for a MK boat neck sweater. Elongate it to tunic length. CO and knit; latch up the ribbing. Begin your cable pattern. Switch back to ribbing when you get close to the neck edge. Bind off. Do the front and back the same way.

CO and knit sleeves with either seed stitch or garter stich. Switch to cable pattern. Knit sleeve to length desired and bind off.

It looks like it was knitted at a very loose tension, try KP 4 with a sport weight yarn. Always make a swatch first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ksojerio said:
Something similar could be done on a Bond, but it will take an extreme amt of hand tooling.

Just find a pattern for a MK boat neck sweater. Elongate it to tunic length. CO and knit; latch up the ribbing. Begin your cable pattern. Switch back to ribbing when you get close to the neck edge. Bind off. Do the front and back the same way.

CO and knit sleeves with either seed stitch or garter stich. Switch to cable pattern. Knit sleeve to length desired and bind off.

It looks like it was knitted at a very loose tension, try KP 4 with a sport weight yarn. Always make a swatch first!
I looked on the net for a mk boat neck sweater...Found one for a kid, and the neckline was overlapping somewhat, I really liked it but it was just plain..Without the cables...Would still look good I think with maybe leggings...Thanks again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
What beautiful sweaters. WHould you mind letting us know in what book or magazine you found them please?
THanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JoyceinNC said:
Do you have an extension for the bed? It looks like the individual back and front pieces may take more than 100 needles. That's what has shot down some of my ideas.
I have the Ultimate Sweater Machine and also an older bond with an extension...Thanks...I'll have to get the retainer bars for it tho...Thanks again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
euvid said:
What beautiful sweaters. WHould you mind letting us know in what book or magazine you found them please?
THanks
The Blue one with the older lady in it. is from...
FaveCrafts.com
The Brown one is from...
AllFreeKnitting.com
Hope you find them...Good Luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Love it. THe one with the platinum blond hair could be in her 20's or 30s. You must be very young to call her the 'older lady". Most of the members of the group would really be called "old ladies" It is nice to know we have some really young ladies taking up knitting.
THanks for the info on the sweaters.

lilfawn83 said:
euvid said:
What beautiful sweaters. WHould you mind letting us know in what book or magazine you found them please?
THanks
The Blue one with the older lady in it. is from...
FaveCrafts.com
The Brown one is from...
AllFreeKnitting.com
Hope you find them...Good Luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
euvid said:
Love it. THe one with the platinum blond hair could be in her 20's or 30s. You must be very young to call her the 'older lady". Most of the members of the group would really be called "old ladies" It is nice to know we have some really young ladies taking up knitting.
THanks for the info on the sweaters.

No...LOL I'm sorry...I just took from the hair color as being older...I'm 48 myself...So sorry...Have a great day...And Weekend... Your Very Welcome...

lilfawn83 said:
euvid said:
What beautiful sweaters. WHould you mind letting us know in what book or magazine you found them please?
THanks
The Blue one with the older lady in it. is from...
FaveCrafts.com
The Brown one is from...
AllFreeKnitting.com
Hope you find them...Good Luck...
:) :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom