Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying several different patterns and then frogging them I am happy with this one row pattern. I have made these for my 10 year old granddaughter although winter is months away yet! She is very much a Pink girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For those who want the pattern it is a one row pattern I wrote down ages ago.
I used DK and 4mm needles

Cast on multiples of 4 plus 2 stitches. I cast on 34 sts and scarf was about 6 inches wide.

* Knit 2, knit into back of next stitch, Purl 1* repeat until 2 sts left K2.

Repeat that row until desired length then cast off.

For the hat I used a plain hat pattern did the rib adjusted stitch numbers then did the pattern row until shaping. I then adjusted the stitch numbers to pattern and did the shaping in stocking stitch.

I am sure you will tell me if this doesn’t make sense to you but that’s the best I can do.

·
Registered
14,461 Posts
Sjlegrandma said:
For those who want the pattern it is a one row pattern I wrote down ages ago.
I used DK and 4mm needles

Cast on multiples of 4 plus 2 stitches. I cast on 34 sts and scarf was about 6 inches wide.

* Knit 2, knit into back of next stitch, Purl 1* repeat until 2 sts left K2.

Repeat that row until desired length then cast off.

For the hat I used a plain hat pattern did the rib adjusted stitch numbers then did the pattern row until shaping. I then adjusted the stitch numbers to pattern and did the shaping in stocking stitch.

I am sure you will tell me if this doesn't make sense to you but that's the best I can do.
Thank you so much ! For such a simple single row, it certainly makes a nice scarf ! It makes total sense ! ????????????????

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom