Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the request of my granddaughter, I am knitting this cardigan. I noticed several KPers have knit the cardigan. I am stuck on knitting the jacquard square. It is a 7 row pattern starting on the right side. After completing one sequence, the knitting ends with a right side. This would mean you start on the wrong side to start the next sequence rather than starting on the right side. I am wondering how to proceed. Those of you who have knit the cardigan, how did you adjust to start on the right side?

I have reviewed all the comments on Ravelry, and only 2 knitters comment on this issue. One said they added an 8th row, but no suggestion what the pattern for this row would be. Another knitter mentioned doing 2 rows left to right; however I don't see how this would result in the pattern being corrected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi,
I recently completed the cardigan at my granddaughter’s request. When I completed line 7, I started again from left to right and it turned out fine. I have not yet mastered the art of posting Photos or would do so. It made my day when I received a video of my granddaughter gifting the jacket to her BF for her birthday.????

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AniM said:
Hi,
I recently completed the cardigan at my granddaughter's request. When I completed line 7, I started again from left to right and it turned out fine. I have not yet mastered the art of posting Photos or would do so. It made my day when I received a video of my granddaughter gifting the jacket to her BF for her birthday.????
Hi - thanks for your quick reply. I'm trying to understand how this would work. The sequence of the pattern is as follows:
Row 1(right side) : right to left - knit
Row 2 (back side): left to right - purl
Row 3 (right side): right to left - knit
Row 4 (back side): left to right - purl
Row 5(right side): right to left - knit
Row 6 (back side): left to right - purl
Row 7 (right side): right to left - knit

To start the next sequence - do you start with row 2? Do you lose one row? Wouldn't you lose a row each time you start left to right?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just looked at my pattern. There was only a chart and as it was my first attempt at Jacquard I was not really sure what to do, so just continued the sequence. When I finished with red,black,red,black, I started my next line red, black etc.
Does that help. Be bold and try. It is easy to undo, just remember not to pull too tightly.????

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
Is this the pattern you're using?
GH said:
Try: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/colour-block-patchwork-cardigan
The jacquard square I see is charted colorwork so I suppose you'd work row 1 as the next row as charted but on the WS. Since it's a chart it really doesn't matter which side you're on as long as you're working the right direction on the chart. I'm having a left is right and right is left day so I won't try to way which way you should be going, you can work that out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I looked at some of the finished projects on Ravelry, and people handled this square differently.
Either add a plain red row between the 7 pattern rows, or just start the chart again, only row 1 is purl, row 2 is knit, etc. continue reading the pattern right to left on the public side, left to right on the reverse.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I just took the center of the chart and forged ahead!
One look at the jacket will tell you no one is ever going to judge your knitting! If the colors and the blocks look like the picture no one will care!
I suspect my granddaughter will toss it in the end of her bed and never wear it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom