Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone knitted the Sweet Pea Baby Blanket?

The pattern rows I had a problem with were:
Row 1: K5, *K3, K2tog, YO* rep from *to* across ending with K5.
Row 3: K5, *K3, YO, K2tog* rep from *to* across ending with K8.
First I had a problem with Row 1 and 3 as row 1 ends up with K5 and row 3 had 8 sts left. I emailed Annie's Atic and they said I was wrong - pattern was fine. I just put 8 on each row and am doing fine but then I then emailed them to tell them that the pattern picture and the instructions don't match. I had another knitter look at it and she agreed. You can clearly see that it's not garter st between the yo rows. and the pattern has you doing 4 rows of garter st between so many pattern rows. Part of the pattern repeats pattern twice then garter st rows and then repeat the pattern several times, garter st and repeat all this. The rows in the picture are all even. How can this pattern be the picture? I hope I made this clear. I must not have done so with Annie's as they said they were sorry I was having trouble with the stitches and they would have the designer contact me. I've been knitting since 1966. I just wanted someone else's input. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,084 Posts
I can see the issue in rows 1 and 3. You are doing the exact same stitches on each row, but supposedly end up with 5 stitches on row 1 and 8 stitches on row 3. Hmm. I am assuming that row 2 is purl.
On the picture that galaxycraft supplied you can see the rows of garted stitch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have knitted this and had no problem. I did as instructed for Row 1 and row 3 and it turned out just as picture. I did however, leave out the blocks of knit/garter stitch rows as I could not see the point in them. To keep balance of pattern, you have to knit 3 and knit 5 at end of rows 1 and 3 (or as pattern states k8). Just follow pattern and after several rows it will look as it should.
Try again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have read your query again. The pattern states that pattern is 4 rows. Rows 2 and 4 are as pattern states, k5, purl to last 5 stitches and k5.
I have pattern in front of me and it does state "work pattern stitch rows 1-4". I repeated the 4 pattern rows until I had it long enough and then finished off with knit 6 rows.

Hope you succeed because it is a lovely simple pattern.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who answered. This morning it makes sense now that I've read your replies and looked at my knitting. It was the garter st rows that were throwing me off. I didn't see any in the pattern picture and it really changed the appearance. I think I'll leave those out also. I believe I like it better without. Other than that, mine looks okay. Thank you again. You're all wonderful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom