Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a fingering-weight 100% acrylic from Creative Yarn Source (formerly Crochet Style Etc; http://creativeyarnsource.com ).

I'm allergic to wool (including alpaca) and have been looking for a soft non-wool fingering weight for a long time, and someone posted a link to this company. Can anyone tell me about the yarn and/or the company? The prices look excellent and the models are gorgeous; several are from designers I really like such as Doris Chan and Kristen Omdahl.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
I have some. It's nice and soft. I think some people use it for baby things. Oops, I thought you were talking about the Omega Crys. Apparently the only difference with the Omega Cryl is that it doesn't have the polyester thread running through it which is shiny and decorative. I think Omega is good quality and I love that website.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I haven't used the Cryl, but the Omega nylon thread #2 is very high quality and a joy to work with. I will have to give the Cryl a try. The prices are much less than I have found for the Omega products so I do want to thank you for the link.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your input. One more question: do the colors stay vibrant? The beautiful colors and the sheer numbers of different colors was what drew me in the first place--I cannot find another non-wool fingering yarn with nearly the same range of colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom