Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have learned, I love making hats on circular needles. The only problem I have is making the edges a little smoother/tighter. I have tried casting on a little tighter, but the edges do not seem to come out as smooth as the pattern shows. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you saying taht when you knit the tail into the first 5 sts you are knitting the tail and the working yarn together?
chandler said:
I use the 'long tail' cast on. When I go to join the circle I knit the tail in for about 5 stitches. I have beautiful edges and don't change my tension.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's what I do. Then I just weave the tail in for an inch or so and never worry about tails unraveling. I do it when I join a new ball of yarn as well.

billb1946 said:
Are you saying taht when you knit the tail into the first 5 sts you are knitting the tail and the working yarn together?
chandler said:
I use the 'long tail' cast on. When I go to join the circle I knit the tail in for about 5 stitches. I have beautiful edges and don't change my tension.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks I'll try that.
Bulkarn said:
It's what I do. Then I just weave the tail in for an inch or so and never worry about tails unraveling. I do it when I join a new ball of yarn as well.

billb1946 said:
chandler said:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom