Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never knitted with cotton/linen yarn before and I was curious to see what it was like. I wasn't sure what I was going to make so I bought 6 skiens of a Classic Elite yarn called Cricket. The moment I got it, I knew I had made a mistake. I don't like the texture, I don't like the way it works up. There's nothing that I like about this yarn except the color. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can make with six skiens of this year. I can't return it because sale items can't be returned for online purchases. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Say, here's a thought...do you have any friends that do tea parties or love a good pot of english tea? Tea Cozies are a wonderful and thougtful gift. And also , this will sound silly ....egg covers? (some people still love those 3 minute eggs in egg cups) And as mentioned before , there are always dish clothes and placemats and napkin rings.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I would go to the yarn companies website and see if they have some patterns for the yarn. Also if you simply google the yarn name you will get results from blogs and others sites where people have used that yarn.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I've made baby washcloths with cotton yarn and sent them to my granddaughter. I know they were used because she sent me a picture of the baby being bathed and there was one of the washcloths. They're very soft!

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Hi, Ragdoll,
Are you a member of Ravelry yet? After you join you can offer the offending yarn to sell or trade on Ravelry.com. This website is a wonderful resource for knitters and crocheters. There is too much to describe, you'll just have to go there and see it for yourself! (www.Ravelry.com)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if you are on Ravelry, but there is a lovely lace shawl shown there called "Faith Shawl" made with the Cricket. Check out the version by "Katesmudges". I've founf that yarn with linen in it will really soften up after a good soak and a couple of washes. :)

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
ragdoll3756 said:
I've never knitted with cotton/linen yarn before and I was curious to see what it was like. I wasn't sure what I was going to make so I bought 6 skiens of a Classic Elite yarn called Cricket. The moment I got it, I knew I had made a mistake. I don't like the texture, I don't like the way it works up. There's nothing that I like about this yarn except the color. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can make with six skiens of this year. I can't return it because sale items can't be returned for online purchases. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I might be interested in buying the yarn from you. Private message me if you are interested in selling it.
Sheryl

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
HI! I subscribe to Classisc Elites newsletter and the one I received a few days ago featured Cricket yarn.
if you go to their web site and look for the newsletters, you may be able to find it. Would be able to tell more if I hadn't deleted the newsletter. Norita from WI

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
HI! Norita here again. When I typed in Classic Elite in the search area, several topics came up. Scroll down to Elasic Elite newsletter, click on it and the latest pattern will come up using Cricket yarn Hope this helps and that you are able to find it. Norita from WI

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hate knitting with cotton and linen too and I once ended up with a bunch of it. It's great for making mesh (or any kind) shopping bags because it's durable, and if your stitches or gauge is off because of the nature of the the yarn, it won't matter. Lion Brand website has a bunch of really cute tote and shopping bag patterns for free.

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
Take a picture of your yarn and put it here under the classifieds, maybe someone here will want to buy it. Or try ebay, or even criagslist. I have used the last two and they are very simple to use. Or how about your next rummage sale or your nieghbors?
Otherwise I would try a smaller needle to stablelize the fabric and maybe some washclothes or dishcloths. Gifts with fancy soaps. I just got the newsletter from Classic Elite and they were showing Cricket yarn with a free pattern. I have attached the pattern.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom