Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently knitted these two warm hats for my nephew, Jesse (age 21) and his son, Hayden (age 1). They live up in Whidbey Island, WA which can be even wetter and colder than Seattle. I was pleased when Jesse emailed to thank me for his hat, and amused when he told me that he sometimes even sleeps in it when it gets really cold. The yarn I used for Jesse’s hat is as soft as alpaca, though it’s a blend of wool and acrylic. (See pattern for details.)

Hayden’s hat is also my own very simple pattern. I call it the “Hat for All Ages”, because it’s done with all ribbing stitch which stretches greatly. If he takes good care of his hat, he’ll still be able to wear it when he’s 21 years old. Check out my pattern, and you’ll see what I mean. You can download both patterns by clicking on the links below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing your patterns. I haven't yet worked with self striping yarn but after seeing all the pictures of the beautiful colors in your hats, I can't wait to try some. The colors you've chosen are all beautiful and work so well with your patterns.

TY

Pearl

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Kimmy

Your hats are wonderful. I always save your patterns.

Your nephews look great in their hats and look happy to be wearing them. The hat looks great on you too.

Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
24,579 Posts
Wonderful photos! The father/son pics are great - in one they are both showing their great smiles, in the other one, they both look serious. And they look fabulous in their Kimmyz hats. How sweet that Jesse emailed you a 'thank you'.
Very interesting that the hat 'grows' with you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Love the hats! I've been looking for a good fitting hat pattern for all the guys in the fam, and I think this is it! Just knowing it will fit the various head sizes is plenty of incentive for this gray haired! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom