Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a hat for my friend, Gail, for her birthday to match the scarf I made her for Christmas. It turned out to be too small so I had to make another one, quick! When Gail's mom saw it, she loved it and wanted one for herself, so, since she's a tiny little thing, I gave her the first one!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
cute!1! I love the flowers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TammyK said:
pam said:
Thank you! The flowers are knitted- really easy and fun.
Can you share the pattern?
Yes! This is how to make the flowers:

cast on 5 stitches
row 1: **slip 1, knit 3. Turn, leaving remaining stitch unworked
row 2: purl 3. Turn, leaving remaining stitch unworked
row 3: knit 3. Turn, leaving remaining stitch unworked
row 4: purl 3. Turn, leaving remaining stitch unworked
row 5: knit 4
row 6: purl 2 together, purl 1, purl 2 together (3 stitches)
row 7: knit 1, knit 2 together and pass first stitch over to give 1 stitch on needle
use this stitch to cast on 4 more stitches (5 total) and repeat from ** to get desired number of petals (3, 4 or 5)

If you want a larger flower, cast on 7 stitches and follow the same principle of working only on the ceter 5 stitches for the first 6 rows and then decreasing by knitting 2 stitches together at both ends of the following rows until you have a single stitch again. Repeat for the desired number of petals.

To finish:
Thread end through last remaining stitch and then gather up the middle of the flower by catching up 2 stitches from the base of each petal, pulling up tinght and tying off the ends.

Attach to article and sew a contrasting french knot/button/felt circle in the center of flower.

Working on the middle stitches only give the petal a natural curl. Once the flower is finished you can choose to curl petals up or down.

·
Registered
650 Posts
pam, I got your flower pattern and thanks. You just knit everything, don't you? And so very well too. I love all your work and hope to someday come close to the quality you do. Thanks for the lovely photos!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kichi said:
pam, I got your flower pattern and thanks. You just knit everything, don't you? And so very well too. I love all your work and hope to someday come close to the quality you do. Thanks for the lovely photos!
You are way too kind! I have a great time but am still learning the basics.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Pam, thanks for the pattern for the cute flowers. The little cluster of them on the hat you made is just adorable. I cannot crochet and any knit flower is a treasure. These are a perfect size to use like you have. Thank you, thank you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom