Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on the Cross of Christ lace scarf and it was going along beautifully when I put it aside to finish a KAL shawl. Now that I am trying to pick it up again, I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I am picking up at row 25 of the pattern and am going nuts. The directions: slip 1 wyib, K3, k in st below, K13, K2tog, yo, p3, yo, ssk, K13, k in st below, K4. The scarf is 43 sts wide. I begin the row with 43 sts, the pattern seems to be okay, but by the time I get to the end of the row if I do the k 1 below, I only have 3 sts left, not 4. I have ripped and done over time and again and can't understand what I am doing wrong. Please HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I agree with 'busy girl' ... You might be missing a "YO" either forgetting to do it or maybe accidently dropping it ... that would be the only thing I can think of.

After each 'yo' sequence, stop and count the stitches you have done to see if you are on-track.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
You may want to check the row before it to see if it is correct. Many times a row won't come out right for me only to
find out it was the previous row or even a couple rows before that the count was off.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Klockie said:
I was working on the Cross of Christ lace scarf and it was going along beautifully when I put it aside to finish a KAL shawl. Now that I am trying to pick it up again, I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I am picking up at row 25 of the pattern and am going nuts. The directions: slip 1 wyib, K3, k in st below, K13, K2tog, yo, p3, yo, ssk, K13, k in st below, K4. The scarf is 43 sts wide. I begin the row with 43 sts, the pattern seems to be okay, but by the time I get to the end of the row if I do the k 1 below, I only have 3 sts left, not 4. I have ripped and done over time and again and can't understand what I am doing wrong. Please HELP!!!
How are you doing the SSK? It's the only unusual stitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom