Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I had a bout with divetriculosis in March which put me in the hospital for 5 days... I have been warned by others not to eat popcorn, any seeds or nuts. This is driving me crazy and high protein breads contain a lot of seeds and/or nuts. Has any one on KP had this happen to them and how are you handling the problem with eating different foods? I NEVER want to have another attack... it was horrible!!!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Seeds and nuts can get caught in the litte pouches and sacs that form in the bowel from diverticulitis and cause more attacks. If you are able to see a dietician, she/he should be able to make suggestions for foods that you can eat. My SIL has to be careful of kernal corn as well. Pretty much anything that looks the same going in and coming out(best description I can think of right now). You will get used to eating differently and it will become second nature. I have a myriad of food allergies and had to change the way I had been eating. At first it was really hard but now it is now so difficult. I would kill ofr a peanut butter and jam sandwich but alas I am allergic to the legume family and peanuts are a legume. Persevere.

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
I haven't personally had this issue, but many family members do and therefore, everything I make for family parties has to be de-seeded. Some culprits you may not have thought of are tomatoes, cucumbers, sausage (fennel or caraway seeds).

It's a tough adjustment - but I know you can do it!! Avoidance is your best medicine!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
DH has it. One mistake of eating strawberry preserves reminded him no seeds or nuts EVER. Pain, pain, pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom