Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a heart pattern for a dog sweater I'm knitting. I have a pattern from a child's sweater but the pattern starts at the waist where as the dog sweater starts at the neck which I would have to reverse the pattern (heart on top of each other/repeat). Anyone have any suggestions I'd appreciate. thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
There's a heart pattern at Knitty - it's a sock pattern with charts. It's for a toe-up sock - there are two sets of charts one for small/medium - worked over 25 stitches and one for large - worked over 29 stitches. I wanted to work it cuff down so I wrote out the pattern row by row on 20 index cards and numbered them one to twenty - then I reversed the cards - twenty becoming number one...19 number two, etc. I like how it's turning out - you might like it too! The pattern is Sweatheart socks..Enjoy!

Susan

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I was working the Sweetheart socks pattern out this morning - I noticed that if you reverse the index cards - (#5 toe-up) #16 cuff down, where you M, on toe-up, on cuff down you k2 tog...then on (#15 toe-up) #6 cuff-down - where you p2tog you p, M instead...just a note to the stitch wise...

Glad you like the pattern!

Susan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh yes, and on the Sweetheart Socks set-up chart - index cards: Toe-up Row 1=Cuff-down Row 1
Toe-up Row 2=Cuff-down Row 2
Toe-up Row 3=Cuff-down Row 4
Toe-up Row 4=Cuffdown Row 3

then - for Cuff-down repeat rows 1 and 2

and you're good to go to the main cuff-down chart/index cards!

This and my first reply are all the changes I made!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom