Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
How can I figure how long to knit the heel flap? If the toe knits up 2", is the heel flap suppose to be around 2" ? Is there a mathamatical way of figuring this out? I don't have the person here to measure him. He's 8 yrs. old with an 8 inch foot.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Diane
Rhode Island

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Are you working from a pattern? What does it say? Perhaps you're freeforming?

You could check knittingpatterncentral.com under children's socks, find your size and read from there or do a url search for 8 inch sock patterns.
~~~~~~~

You could
DLW said:
Hi All,
How can I figure how long to knit the heel flap? If the toe knits up 2", is the heel flap suppose to be around 2" ? Is there a mathamatical way of figuring this out? I don't have the person here to measure him. He's 8 yrs. old with an 8 inch foot.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Diane
Rhode Island

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi e.ridenh,
Thank you for taking the time to help me. Yes, I am knitting the socks without a pattern. I appreciate the info. you gave me. Your very kind to help me.
Diane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom