Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with technology in education for a small school district in Northern Vermont. I have been knitting a little over a year now and love it, I have even gotten several teachers and students interested in learning the basics.

I am an active member of Baby Threads of New Hampshire, we knit scarves, hat and mittens for children and people in need. I am trying to create a pattern for mittens but need a little help with finding a chart that shows a range of measurements for hand sizes. From child to adult, average age and size so that I can better work out the instructions. If any of you know of a link on the Internet or know of such a chart please pass it on.

Thanks for providing such a wonderful forum, I'm happy to be a member.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hi

I have 3 locations that I found knitted mittens in different sizes
www.knitting-crochet.com/2nee.html
www.geocities.com/bbcrafty_17/patterns.html
www.bevscountrycottage.com/2needlemitts.html

I printed these out quite awhile ago I'm not sure if they are still on the internet or not.

Hope these help. The 1st one gives sizes from infant to large adult, the 2nd one gives you sizes small (6" from fingertip to edge of cuff), medium (7 1/2"), large ( 9"); and the 3rd one is Ages 3-5; 6-8 and 9-10.

Linda (Sebastian-Fla)l

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from Rae in NC : )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom