Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I'm new today to this forum and hope to gain some knowledge here as well as offer some suggestions. Knitting has become a wonderful part of my life, brings some real calm and enjoyment. I have my "bag" with me everywhere I go. It has become very important for me to have a "next" project in mind for my closet full of "stash." :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Pat,

I hale from Wareham, Ma. and do most of my knitting in your fair city!!! I am a frequent waiting room inhabitant at Boston Medical Center, Dana Farber and occassionally @ Mass. General. I think I would go nuts without my knitting! :) Nice to meet you! Yvette

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Welcome,
Linda from CT.

Glad to have ya.

What are you working on? I am busy knitting dishcloths for Easter baskets.

Have fun,Linda

·
Registered
65 Posts
Linda,

I just finished some ponchos and put some pics in the picture forum today. Ofcourse, you can't finish anything without another project nipping at it's heels and I have just started on a size 3, pink sweater for my grand daughter for Easter. My 21 yr old daughter, whom is not married or even close, fears my finger joints will have long deteriorated before she has children. So, every third or fourth project has to be a baby set that gets stowed away for unborn grandchildren. (Rude girl!!!, she only loves me for my knitting)!!! Just kidding ofcourse! ;)

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
All grown children fall into that class LOL.
There are a few ladies on here that are making baby things and putting them in a baby hope chest. Never thought about that.
My 3 grands are 14, 9 and 6 and have no use for hand made gifts. So I knit for charity and friends. No complaints from them.
And of course I make afghans for Vets home with all yarns, just mix and match. Always a need.
Happy day,
Linda

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome Patchase,This is a learning and friendly site and hope you enjoy.Hopefully you have participants for your projects or maybe for your self. I find my grandchildren unaware of the work that goes into these projects so I give to co-workers or charities!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Yvette - I actually live north of Boston (Marblehead) and started back with my knitting when having to frequent the hospitals in Boston....many times at the Dana Farber and Brigham and Womens! My knitting brings me focus and calm.....maybe we'll cross paths one day!

knitsnfits said:
Hi Pat,

I hale from Wareham, Ma. and do most of my knitting in your fair city!!! I am a frequent waiting room inhabitant at Boston Medical Center, Dana Farber and occassionally @ Mass. General. I think I would go nuts without my knitting! :) Nice to meet you! Yvette

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Linda -

I'm going to start another baby sweater - just finished one last night - lots of new babies coming in - first time grandparents (not me yet - but I'm getting a lot of practice in ;) I also have two prayer shawls in process....happy knitting! xo *p

LEE1313 said:
Welcome,
Linda from CT.

Glad to have ya.

What are you working on? I am busy knitting dishcloths for Easter baskets.

Have fun,Linda

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, fortunately, I will not be there until 4/12 & 4/14 and this trip is for a kidney stone procedure for my husband - then on the 29th for new scans. He has 4th stage melanoma (almost 5 years now - he's a real fighter).....I go with my sister to Falkner (4th stage BC - 4 years now)......best to you and your little sis......

knitsnfits said:
Pat,

I will keep my eyes open for anyone with knitting tomorrow! I am going to Dana Farber with my little sis. She is getting chemo every Thursday for B.C.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome from the UK. Hope you enjoy this sit as much as I do. It's a great way to chat to like minded people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom