Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking here for about half a year and find it very nice to be among knitting friends from all over the world :-D
I am Danish and live in Denmark, age 71 and have been knitting since I was 6 - on and off. I knit clothes and very fine shetland lace shawls. I also do quilting and a lot of things more.
I am a dog lover, had 3 newfoundlands, but they all left for the Rainbow bridge, so now I have cats, three of them. Easier than having dogs, but you don't communicate with cats the same way as with dogs.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So glad you found us. Make yourself at home. 3 Newfies!!! That must be fun. And you are correct, communication with dogs and cats is different: Dogs have "masters," cats have "staff." Come as often as you like, stay as long as you like, someone will always be around.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
ladydenmark said:
I have been lurking here for about half a year and find it very nice to be among knitting friends from all over the world :-D
I am Danish and live in Denmark, age 71 and have been knitting since I was 6 - on and off. I knit clothes and very fine shetland lace shawls. I also do quilting and a lot of things more.
I am a dog lover, had 3 newfoundlands, but they all left for the Rainbow bridge, so now I have cats, three of them. Easier than having dogs, but you don't communicate with cats the same way as with dogs.
Hello and welcome ladydenmark.

Dragonflylace here and I would love to hear more about the shetland lace shawls. Did you learn this when you were young also, or did you teach yourself? I am very interested in hearing what ladies in Denmark like to knit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
ladydenmark said:
welcome from Sainte-Adele, Québec.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
G'day and welcome from Sydney NSW Australia.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello from Wales UK. I like knitting fine but lately have been knitting the 'Sara Lund' sweater from the 'The Killing' series. We are crazy in the UK for this Danish crime series and the sweaters are sought after. This one is for my neighbour because she provided a dark fleece for me to spin for it. Tonight starts the very last Sara Lund series, we are excited. Hope you enjoy the friendship from this forum. Shelagh

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom