Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a transplanted New Englander living in SE Idaho. I am 69. I love all forms of needlework--as a preschooler I would pin my mothers scraps on my dolls. I made my first skirt when I was 12 and have sewn ever since. I made ball gowns, suits and most of my clothes for many years, and a sports jacket for my husband--also the outfits for my 4 little boys and made most of my daughters clothes until she was grown and my granddaughters. Now I do alot of quilting. When my kids were growing up I made most of their sweaters and all of their mittens I knitted for my grandkids until I had to have carpel tunnel surgery 20 years ago. I had kept all my knitting needles and accesories. I recently started knitting again for a great grandson and am now making a sweater for my daughter.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Good morning, Judie! Nice to have you aboard. I'm right behind you at 63, and I also love to quilt, along with doing family history research.

I lived on Cape Cod and in Plymouth MA for a total of 13 years. Our Bishop at Church was from Idaho, and then was transplanted to New England for good. We called him "Spud Man Gone Bean-Town!"

Have a delightful day. :)

· Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is such a great group of people. You will learn a lot and even be entertained at times. If you have any questions about the area just send me a PM. I garden and fish and camp and hunt for "pretty rocks".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom