Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Barbie and I have known how to knit most of my life. A few years ago I learned to purl, increase, decrease and some other techniques. Knitting is my passion and sometimes I wonder if my family and friends get tired of me talking about it. If so, they are kind, and keep it to themselves. But when they see what two sticks and some string can create they can't complain too much. I love making gifts for family and friends.
I am a "yarnaholic". If I see a pretty yarn at the store I just have to buy it. The hard part is figuring out what to make from it. I am always open to new ideas.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome BarbieSue....from Rae in NC : )

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Barbie. I too love to knit and also crochet. Where in Indiana are you from? I am from Chesterton which is on the tip of Lake Michigan. I am looking for patterns for prayer shawls that use bulky (5) yarn. Do you have any you would share?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live way down in Southwestern Indiana in Evansville. It is the point where Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois come together. Evansville is right on the Ohio River and that river is so high right now!
I know how to crochet a little but I prefer knitting right now. (I may change my mind at any time lol) I recently tried the knitting board and it was pretty enjoyable and puts out a very pretty scarf. I also bought a sock loom but I think I will have to watch the instructional DVD several times to get the hang of it.
Looking forward to corresponding with fellow knitters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooops...forgot to reply about the prayer shawl. I don't have any patterns. When I make a shawl it is usually a triangular one that is done in the same fashion as the traditional dishcloth technique. It works nicely. I use large needles (size 15 or 19) and it makes a nice loosely knit shawl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom