Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
sunny said:
Thanks for the welcome! Go Steelers!!!
Hello and welcome! I have lived in the Harrisburg area since 1982 and have been living in Coatesville for the past year. I'm originally from New England, tho. Go Patriots! :thumbup:

· Registered
1 Posts
hello litiz,
I am from mifflinburg, PA not far from you. I learning to knit I go to our public library on Tuesdays and they have classes, It is slow going but I am determined, this is one thing that is on my bucket list that I hope to check off.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
memewhtudoing said:
hello litiz,
I am from mifflinburg, PA not far from you. I learning to knit I go to our public library on Tuesdays and they have classes, It is slow going but I am determined, this is one thing that is on my bucket list that I hope to check off.
Hi from mifflinburg, Glad you are enjoying your knitting classes, I learned a few years and am so happy I have it to do:)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kholli said:
I am from Lititz and have been knitting for about 45 years.I am in a slump right now. can't find anything I want to make!!!!
I hope you can find something that will get you going. I prefer things that can be done quickly. haha

· Registered
889 Posts
Please do charity knitting when you are in a slump. Get out the left overs and odd balls and do hats, blankets, sweathers, scarves, mittens, anything. If you do not want the expense of sending them to a centralized place most local hospitals, churches, Salvation Army, etc. accept items for local use. I knit 12 mo size baby sweaters out of all left overs and give them to the United Methodist Church for their maternity kits which are used world wide and across the USA. I put aside larger amounts or full skeins that people give me and my mother crochets the blankets. We have each given hundreds. Baby items do not have to be in pastels. In many countries bright colors are the norm. I knit top down raglan sleeve and do not do the sleeve decreases. Using 12 mo size with this sleeve and a straight sleeve allows much growth and the child can wear it as they grow - 3/4 sleeves, short sleeve, etc. If you search free patterns charity knit and crochet, there are many and many places that appreciate the donations. Juli in Central PA

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the idea for baby sweaters. I do love makeing baby items but do not have anyone togive them to. Now i know what to do with them. Everyone asks who am I going to give the baby items to if I make them. Now I will have an answer. Thanks again,
Karen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom