Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Pam and I live in the central Maine area. I am married and have two grown children, a 21 year old son and a 19 year old daughter.

I have been knitting for many years starting when I was about 12. Struggled to learn how as I am the only left-handed one in my family. My poor mother was nearly at wit's end trying to figure how to teach me when I finally figured it out. I actually knit right-handed as I am a visual learner and seeing Mom knit and copying from her is how I learned.

What I enjoy knitting most is doll fashions. Being small and easy to carry makes them an excellant "take along" project. I'm often seen sitting in the breakroom at work knitting away on a project.
It's also a great conversation starter as many co-workers will ask what I'm working on.

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. You'll find many knitters here who love doll fashions. How fun that you knit in the break room! Glad you have joined with us - you will be amazed at what some of these talented knitters and crocheters here can do.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hello and welcome from MA.
I had to laugh at your description of learning to knit
left handed. I have a friend who's a "leftie" and WOW !
teaching her to knit was a challenge. She pretty much did what you described. Watched me do it and imitated me.
Cudos to you both for sticking to it ! ! !
I think we all try to have "bring along" projects ready for trips, etc. And I agree, it sure is a conversation starter. I'm always amazed at how many men talk to me about what I'm knitting. Even if I'm crocheting, they say knitting. It's really sort of cute:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom