Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody! My name is Sandi and I live in a smallish town about 20 miles SW of Boston. We are inundated with snow as most of the country is which means I have more time to stay in and knit! I learned to knit when I was about 5 yrs old. I knit off and on (mostly off) for most of my life. Four years ago I quit smoking and began knitting regularly. I love to knit. I'm not a great knitter. There's lots and lots I don't know how to do (but will, I hope!) but I just love it. I especially love working on my Sampler Blanket because I get to do so many different patterns. That's what I love best....cables, lace, and the like. Just when I start to get a bit bored with a particular pattern, the square is over and it's time for me to pick out a new pattern to begin! I also am beginning to try new fibres like recycled sari silk, banana fibre, yak/bamboo and soy. I love it all! If anybody out there has any ideas/patterns for the recycled sari silk, other than a cowl or scarf I'd sure love your suggestions! I'm about to begin an extraordinarly easy hat and scarf for myself w/Vanna in a light ice blue (not baby blue - a touch of grey). It's unusual for me to knit for myself, I usually knit for others! After that I am going to knit a simple, but more intricate lace cowl/hood for my sister who lives in San Francisco. I will be knitting it in the round which I've never done! Don't ask me why, but I'm a little nervous about it. I'm glad to have found this forum and as soon as I learn to use my new digital camera, I will upload pictures of a few of the items I've knit! Thanks for reading this and I am sorry if it is too long......Nice meeting you all! :-D

1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom