Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to knit a cardigan with two cables on the front of the sweater. I have a pattern of a cardigan and I need to know how to adjust the number of stitches to add a cable or two to the front of the sweater. Can some one help me? Many Thanks Midge

·
Registered
218 Posts
Look at the total number of stitches in the cable and the number of stitches in one twist. If each twists covers the entire cable, it is easy to figure , for example for a six stitch cable increase in three stitches to make the six stitches for the cable. If the cable is a braid, or other pattern where only some stitches are twisted on a row, then you need to figure the number of stitches twisted on each row to know how many to increase. In that case, you might want to work up a swatch with the total width of the cable and then compare the stitches per inch to the gauge for the sweater to know how many to increase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, for your reply. Grace, let me play around with the stitches and I will get back with you. I am also working on the design of a kitchen so it will take me a little while.
Midge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom