Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at this forum but hope to get the hang of it.
I love to knit and crochet. One of my bad habits is having too many projects going at once. My least favorite thing to do is sew the projects together once I'm finished.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Grannie Annie !

Welcome to the forum .. glad you could join in !
What part of MN do you hail from ? I live in the very southern part - almost to Iowa - but spent 35 years in Apple Valley and Burnsville areas.

If you don't like sewing pieces together, learn to knit in the round, if you haven't already .. that's what 'lazy ole me' does most of the time ... and by the way, I have too many projects going at once too .. just can't resist starting something new before finishing the last ! (O)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi again !

Well then .... we live very close to one another, as I currently live in Albert Lea.

I love your sign, that says "I knit so that I don't kill people." You obviously have a good sense of humor .. which ya gotta have, in this day and age ! (O)

Take care and keep on knittin' .......... Izzy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just joined today, also. I currently live in Waconia, just west of Minnetonka.

I am primarily a crocheter(not a word, I know)

I also just was introduced to a nifty knitter loom. That might solve my difficulty with knitting...??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Buffalo, MN and I'm so glad there are others out there that have mutliple projects going. I'm just terrible in that regards. I like to knit and quilt and scrapbook. I've actually had to schedule my days so I can work on each of them. I sometimes think I need therapy. We moved recently and my daughter was helping pack up my sewing/craft room and she said to me, "Mom you know just because you keep everything neat and tidy, does mean you're not a horder. I told her I was happy, so don't give it another thought!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome Grannie Annie. I have to ask if I may use your photo for a new bumper sticker for my car? I am Originally from Michigan but stuck in Florida for the last 30 plus years. Have a question...

Are you kidding? DOESN'T EVERYONE have too many projects going on at the same time?

And leelee...don't let that bother you... my hubby told his friends that they can't possibly stay in our guest room as it is my yarn and fabric room and he can't even get inside it for all the tubs and stacks in there.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
WelcomeI from Vicksburg, MS. If you could see all the projects I have going, you would feel right at home. Like you, I do not like sewing things together (my sweet Mom used to do this for me). I crochet a lot and do some quilting and some crafty sewing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've lived in the Owatonna area for 45 years. We are on a small farm about 7 miles from town, both retired.

I taught myself to knit and crochet about 45 years ago. Didn't have a lot of time when the kids were little. Now I do a lot of hats, scarves and mittens for the grandkids. And I've probably done 500 dishclothes or more and many afghans and sweaters.

When we were first married my husband was a teacher and back then they actually wore suits and ties. We were too "poor" to buy suits and jackets so I knit a ton of cardigans and he would wear sweaters and shirt and tie.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Grannie Annie said:
One of my bad habits is having too many projects going at once. My least favorite thing to do is sew the projects together once I'm finished.
Welcome Grannie Annie. You have not been with us very long. Go to the top of the page and choose Search. Then type in the box "How many projects do you have going?" and choose Search. Click on that title and you will find what others have said about too many projects. I'll warn you there are now 21 pages of replies.

You are in good company now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom