Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - (from all over the world it seems!!)

Saying 'hello' from Tasmania (Australia). Came across this site recently while looking for patterns to adapt for a special project for my daughter.

With both my (adult) children living in the hotter states I thought that when grandchildren arrived that my knitting skills would have to remain dormant.

- but not so!

Very newly pregnant daughter is already considering 'photo opportunities' for the unborn bub (gender still unknown), and I have been having a ball researching patterns for her 'wish list'.

She even wants a baby shawl! - and I just love lacy knitting. So it's a win all round!

But along the way I discovered an almost complete UFO - it just needs the front band. So just putting it out there (hope against hope) that someone has a ball of Patons 4 ply Feathersoft shade 2295, dyelot 17 (or similar).

The wool is so old that I am not even sure if it is made any more! - so it is very much a longshot!

Anyway, enough from me...

It's nice to be able to say hello, and to meet people from all over! I am loving all the projects that I am seeing. You are a very creative bunch!

Happy knitting folks.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
welcome from Texas... nothing like a grand to get those needle clicking and there are lots offibers tahtare nice for us hot weather knitters. I do hope you find your yarn.... but with it just being the front band, a c ontrast would be nice and save a project....... Maybe a dark teal or a bown would even make it look more modern....... Glad you found us.... Lots of inspiration and help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dreamweaver said:
welcome from Texas... nothing like a grand to get those needle clicking and there are lots offibers tahtare nice for us hot weather knitters. I do hope you find your yarn.... but with it just being the front band, a c ontrast would be nice and save a project....... Maybe a dark teal or a bown would even make it look more modern....... Glad you found us.... Lots of inspiration and help...
Thanks Dreamweaver, I was thinking to possibly go the teal route and pick up on the green side of the palette if I can't get a match. (unlikely). It is such a gorgeous colour though that I am really hoping against hope!

Re hot weather knitting... with three little 'sandgropers' already who live in tshirts and thongs, there is not much scope for knitting for that lot - even using sensibly, heat friendly yarn.

And the new bub - well he/she will be at about the same latitude - but way over on the other side of the country. Hence my delighted surprise.

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Hello Sherri6, have you looked on ebay for your wool, or maybe put an add on here in the classifieds.

·
Registered
314 Posts
sherri6 said:

Saying 'hello' from Tasmania (Australia). Came across this site recently while looking for patterns to adapt for a special project for my daughter.

With both my (adult) children living in the hotter states I thought that when grandchildren arrived that my knitting skills would have to remain dormant.

- but not so!

Very newly pregnant daughter is already considering 'photo opportunities' for the unborn bub (gender still unknown), and I have been having a ball researching patterns for her 'wish list'.

She even wants a baby shawl! - and I just love lacy knitting. So it's a win all round!

But along the way I discovered an almost complete UFO - it just needs the front band. So just putting it out there (hope against hope) that someone has a ball of Patons 4 ply Feathersoft shade 2295, dyelot 17 (or similar).

The wool is so old that I am not even sure if it is made any more! - so it is very much a longshot!

It's nice to be able to say hello, and to meet people from all over! I am loving all the projects that I am seeing. You are a very creative bunch!

Happy knitting folks.
Welcome from Kenosha Wisconsin. Needless to say, we wear everything I knit here. My first granddaughter will be two next February and after knitting for four grandsons, I'm ecstatic. Will be dressing her future dolls also.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sherri6 said:

- but not so!

Happy knitting folks.
Have been to your little island a few years ago - heard the church bells ringing EARLY 1 morning while staying in Hobart. Drove all around - saw the beautiful countryside. Also have spent many months on your OZ "mainland." Simply love OZ. Have many friends there.

Georgiesmom

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom