Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just joined this wonderful site today. I am a self taught knitter and crochet. I am learning new techniques each and every day thanks to u-tube, a couple of lessons, and this site. I am looking forward to everyone's posts and your sharing of experiences. I have a 18 month old granddaughter and each and every opportunity I get, I like to knit or crochet for her. I must admit that as time passes, I am getting better but, I still have a lot to learn. Happy knitting and crochet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome
Sure know how you feel. I have a 2 year old granddaughter and a 2 month old grandson that live in New Jersey. I use to live there for 40 years, now i'm in Florida and miss my daughter and grandchildren, but Florida is better for my husband.

Where do you live in New Jersey? They live in Rockaway.

Linda
(Sebastian-Fla)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome Mary,

I grew up in Teaneck/Northvale, Lived in West Milford for a short time before Landing here in Upstate NY.

Lucky you for a granddaughter is on my wish list! Heck A grandchild is on my wishlist.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Linda. Thank you. I know you must miss your daughter and two grands and somehow although is good to talk to them by phone it is nothing like getting hugs and kisses. I presently live in Newark NJ but lived in Montclair many years. I envey you and your husband living in Florida. Since retiring, I have considered relocating to a warmer climate but it has just been thoughts. Now since the birth of my granddaughter I don't think I want to move too far from her and my daughter. I am tired of the cold wheather and same scenery. Fortunately, me and my significant other travel a couple of times a year to warmer locals. Thanks for the welcome and your warm note. Mary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom