Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
You'll find a lot of us here who have returned to knitting after getting our kids out of the house and finding time to do fun things again :-D You are going to be amazed at all the good advice and wonderful work you'll share here. Welcome to the forum--and welcome back to knitting!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am retired due to an injury and have just started up with my yarn works again......I'm kind of doing like my mother used to....do a few things around the house and then take a break and crochet or knit for a bit.

I'm happy I found this sight! Hoping to make some new "yarn" friends....LOL

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Joanne,

I'm from Greensboro for almost 5 years now. But originally I was in New York City and then on Long Island.

I'm loving it here, and have been learning a lot from this site. I knit with a group that makes blankets, sweaters, etc. for hospitals and shelters. I also knit for my family and myself.

If you ever have any questions, this is the place to go. They are the most knowledgeable group of knitters I have ever come across. The instructions they give are very explicit, and they send you to sites that carry it even further if you need it.

Vicki

·
Registered
21 Posts
Joann, Welcome. I live in Highlands NC in the summer. have been learning to knit lace (again). It seems easier to do in NC in the mountains. Quiter, I guess, than Florida.
Tillie

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome from Surrey, UK. Good for you getting back into knitting. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do - which is LOADS. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom