Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( There are four magic stripes yarn auctions now on Ebay.....
~~~~~~~~~
noisyneedles said:
Love knitting socks,,,everyone appreciates them. I`m sorry magic stripes yarn is not made anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you,,,was watching those,,,sure am spoiled, tho,,,I bought 60 skiens for 90 cents a piece. Daughter said she bought some for me thru ebay recently,,,hope its the purple one,,,never had those. Those socks wear like iron and I dislike the replacement yarn Lion Brand came out with after magic stripes was discontinued.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( You're welcome!

I think I'm going to buy Ebay stock, too as much as we have used it since 2000. LOL!! They're getting pricier, though and driving customers over to other live auction sites.

I do like to bid and once in a while we sell something. LOL!! I've got a lot of books rounded up now and bidding on them - knitting and crocheting, of course. LOL!

Make more knitted or crocheted bookmarks? What works best for me, though are paperclips be it for pattern books or music books.
~~~
noisyneedles said:
thank you,,,was watching those,,,sure am spoiled, tho,,,I bought 60 skiens for 90 cents a piece. Daughter said she bought some for me thru ebay recently,,,hope its the purple one,,,never had those. Those socks wear like iron and I dislike the replacement yarn Lion Brand came out with after magic stripes was discontinued.

·
Registered
387 Posts
e.ridenh said:
((((((( You're welcome!

I think I'm going to buy Ebay stock, too as much as we have used it since 2000. LOL!! They're getting pricier, though and driving customers over to other live auction sites.

I do like to bid and once in a while we sell something. LOL!! I've got a lot of books rounded up now and bidding on them - knitting and crocheting, of course. LOL!

Make more knitted or crocheted bookmarks? What works best for me, though are paperclips be it for pattern books or music books.
~~~
noisyneedles said:
some of their stuff is good but the s/h is rediculous on E-Bay

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( I figure if I were out in the real world I'd never find what I was looking for, eat a meal, waste gas, buy impulsively and get back home still with out my product! LOL!!

We collect antiques and collectibles and driving to a good shop is at least 36 miles one way - about 4.5 gallons of gas in my 4 x 4 - take that x $3.00 = $14.40 and we may not find what we want. LOL!! Ad the meal for two at a good eatery and you're out more. LOL!!

So, we're selective, of course on what we buy and certainly make better choices compared to 2000.

If you can buy from one seller, too you can usually get a reduced shipping cost. Right now, I bought three things from one seller and the SHI = $4.95. Not bad. I didn't really need the things, but I do collect and I couldn't drive to find those things for $4.95.

I want to be at our auction, too when we finally sell out! LOL!! "Pa, we paid $5.00 for that on Ebay back in 2000 and it just sold for $20.00!". 20% goes to the auctioneer? LOL!!

Oh, we've got stuff galore and my knitting and crocheting collection is very extensive. I have so much fun collecting objects-de-junque related to these two crafts.

TTYL!
~~~~

some of their stuff is good but the s/h is rediculous on E-Bay[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom