Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one, My name is Sandy AKA Purpleglow. I am an avid crocheter but most of the patterns I find that are absolutely beautiful are all knitted, so I decided to learn how to knit. It is NOT as easy as it looks. I would appreciate any links to any and all places on the web where I could learn from. Thank you. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Hello from Canada! WOW you are a pretty good crocheter---wish I was that good---this site will give you lots of tips and encouragement and answer all of the questions you will have.....I am self taught --mostly googled what I needed to know and watch several youtubes videos until I got it!! Hope to see some of your knitting soon!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi and welcome. Nice pieces, and I'm like the little people especially. I've been knitting off and on for years, and have gotton a lot of help on Youtube.com. Just type in "knitting" and you'll find many helpful tutorials. Kpers are also a wonderful source. Good luck with your knitting.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi, and welcome from Al.! Your work is lovely. With that ability you will be knitting in no time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sandy,

Look out the window and down the road a piece. I'm waving hello from St. Gabriel, just outside Baton Rouge.

Your work is beautiful, especially like your doily. The color choice is superb.

Regards,
Tena

aka Metaleather
aka slave to the five feline overlords

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
WELCOME! I, too, crossed-over from crochet to knitting, and the path was easiest for me to use the European (left handed) yarn method. You can find instructions on U-TUBE.

Hope you have much joy in knitting. Just "yell" when you need help. These KP folks are wonderful.
Dot

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom