Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am from San Diego. I have crocheted since I was a teenager but a spinal injury has made that hard for me to do. I started knitting in 2008 at the suggestion of a vocational rehabilitation counselor to keep from losing more use of my one hand. I thought he was nuts because I couldn't control a crochet hook with my hand how was I going to knit. But after a lot of frustration and some adaption for the days my hand isn't cooperating with me I have figured it out and LOVE it. I am slowly doing my own design work and love to knit just about anything.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Welcome from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Glad to have you with us and that knitting has proved so beneficial for you. Used to live in Chula Vista many years ago and loved the area back then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am from San Diego. There are several knitting groups at some Public Libraries and one at the Hazard Center YMCA. Also a knitting group at the Senior Center in Balboa Park. No cost to join. Hope to meet you soon. DiG

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the country in PA. So sorry for your frustrations, but so glad you kept at the knitting and you are enjoying it :) It is always so good to have hand work to turn to. Take care

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom