Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been knitting for a few years since retiring from working 11p-7a as a ECU RN. Easily frustrated, most likely from over thinking.
Knitting my grandson (preschool) a hooded sweater every Fall is fun.
Local independent yarn shops are my favorite places to purchase patterns & yarn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello from Syracuse, IN

I have been knitting for over 40 years! Still love learning new techniques! Entrelac and Cables are my favorites.

I am still working full-time as an administrative secretary for two awesome pastors! I have 3 sons, 3 wonderful daughters-in-law, and 8 grandchildren!

Keep learning and growing! Yes...and knit everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I wasn't aware of any other Syracuse's!
I want to learn how to knit my own socks & Entrelac. So many cool sock patterns and yarn. Having a large (size 12) foot, it's difficult to find cool looking socks.
Unfortunately I over think pattern instructions and end up very frustrated.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I learned on my own for the most part and never really thought about things like yarn size?? Needle size??? Yarn types!! I really had more fun before I knew these things!! LOL!! Now I give it a shot and am always happy if it works and surprised when it doesn't!! I frog alot but that too is almost an art!! Snicker snicker !!! Have fun with it ---figure if not getting paid to do it --- then it should be happy time!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome, I'm an ex-ICU, ER, MS, LTC administrator, Hospital, LTC, Home Care and Hospice DON, Nsg educator, consultant--recently "retired" re: shattered humerus with total shoulder replacement. Boored but knitting--this is a great group of folks. Been knitting 45 yrs. and am just now going to tackle socks...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome,,,go Orange !!! Spend a long weekend up at there for an Army/Cuse game a number of years ago. Of course they won. They're still laughing at me, cause I brought up all these heavy clothes for the game,,,to find out it was in a dome. Our neighbors son was a student there. Loved visiting there,,my cousins also met and graduated there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi from down the road in Utica. Where are your LYS in Syracuse? I shop in Syracuse rather frequently but have only been to Mission Rose. It is very nice there but would like to visit another store if there is one. Welcome to KP. You'll like it here.

·
Registered
435 Posts
svbusdriver said:
Not far from airport both on rt 11 one in the plaza behind fish cove and the other on cornor of bear rd and rt11 I'm at my cottage now when get home will post the names and addresses to punch in your gps
Thank you. Mission Rose is on Rt 11 but I'm not sure which one, perhaps the behind fish cove? I'll have to look for the other one. I will watch for the names and addresses.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom